This website hosts a smorgasbord of recipes!!! Click on the LABELS on the right hand side of this page to see all the different types. Enjoy the YUM!

March 4, 2008

Grilled Pork Chops & Apricot Sauce



This is our new favorite way to have pork.

4 thick center cut pork chops
Montreal Grill Seasoning


10 dried apricots, chopped
1/2 cup apricot jam
2 TBS water
Juice from 1/2 lemon

1. Pound pork chops so they are of even thickness, season liberally with grill seasoning. You can cook these on the grill or pan saute them until the reach an internal temperature of 150 degrees, 6-8 minutes per side.
2. Remove from heat and let rest, tent with foil, temperature will continue to rise with carry over cooking.
3. If you cooked them in a skillet, add remaining ingredients, scraping bottom of pan to get up the yummy pork fond. If you used the grill, heat a skillet over medium high heat and add ingredients. Stir until jam is melted down, add pork juices accumulated from the meat resting. As mixture starts bubbling, add pork to pan and turn to coat evenly. Remove to serving plate and spoon sauce over each pork evenly.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

This was a hit with my family. I used bone-in chops (about 1 inch thick) since that's what I had. I grilled them. At first my kids complained. But as soon as they tasted the sweet apricot glaze they decided it was a winner.

I was thinking maybe a chicken dish like this would be good. Maybe use dried cranberries and cranberry sauce in place of the apricots. Hmmmm...maybe I'll try it.

Thanks for the yummy recipe.