This website hosts a smorgasbord of recipes!!! Click on the LABELS on the right hand side of this page to see all the different types. Enjoy the YUM!

March 27, 2008

Grandma Beverly's Cheese Ball

I made this cheese log (shown above) for Easter and served it at a brunch and a dinner and it was a hit both places. It is my Grandma's recipe and always reminds me of special occasions. The secret is that it is SUPER easy! You can make it in a large ball, two smaller balls, or a log as I did above. I prefer the smaller balls or log since they don't tend to crumble as much.

8 oz. cream cheese
2 C (3/4 lb) cheddar, grated
1 tsp chopped green pepper
3 tsp minced green onion
1 tsp lemon juice
dash of salt
dash of cayenne pepper
1/4 lb chopped walnuts (I used pecans and they were fine)

Mix cream cheese and other ingredients, except grated cheddar, with electric mixer. Then add in grated cheese. Form into a ball or log. Roll in chopped nuts and make sure every inch is covered. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate. Serve with crackers.

Enjoy!!

No comments: