This website hosts a smorgasbord of recipes!!! Click on the LABELS on the right hand side of this page to see all the different types. Enjoy the YUM!

November 5, 2007

Creamy Alfredo

I found this recipe at allrecipes.com. It is delicious and quick! I am tired of using Ragu......yuck! So I did some searching. This was just what I was looking for. It was rated 4 1/2 stars by approx 800 people!

Creamy Alfredo

1/2 cup butter
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese
2 cups milk
6 oz. grated Parmesan

In a saucepan melt butter and stir in garlic powder. Mix in Cream cheese with a wire whisk until melted and blended (It will be a little separated because of the butter). Add milk, whisking vigorously. Mixture should become smooth. Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Add cheese and stir until melted. Let simmer, stirring occasionally until thickened.

Tips: I used about 2/3 block of cream cheese. I used whole milk. I used the good ol' Parmesan from kraft out of the can. I am sure it would have been smoother with the fresh grated, but nonetheless it was delicious! And I was able to use what was on hand. I served it with French bread, chicken, and broccoli. Start your noodle before your sauce. This is a fast recipe. I love the steam fresh veggies, throw them in the microwave and in 4 minutes you have steamed, tenderly crisp veggies! I also used frozen Tyson grilled chicken strips. This entire meal took me about 20 minutes from start to finish. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! I can't wait to try this!