This website hosts a smorgasbord of recipes!!! Click on the LABELS on the right hand side of this page to see all the different types. Enjoy the YUM!

August 16, 2007

Microwave Dinner - Chicken 'n Rice Burritos

So during the summer, I'm a bit lazy and don't like to cook much, let alone turn on my oven. But sometimes you just need a warm meal to satisfy an empty stomach. I have the perfect recipe for you... and all it takes is a microve and can opener, seriously! (During the winter, I will do this on the stove top and have a rotisserie chicken already shredded)

1 Box Spanish Rice (Rice a Roni)
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 can black beans
Frozen Corn, as much as you want
2 chicken breasts
Tortillas

Garnishes:
sour cream
cheese
green onion
chipolte tabasco sauce, yum

I have a microwave plastic pot and lid from pampered chef, but a big glass bowl covered with a paper towel will work. Place raw chicken breasts in bottom of bowl. Cover with seasoning packet and rice from the box. Add half a can of rinsed black beans. Add the can of diced tomatoes with juice and 1 3/4 cup water. Cook on high for 25 minutes stirring occasionally. When done, get the chiken and dice it or shred it. Add frozen corn to the rice and chicken. Wrap it all up in a tortilla with any garnishes you like.

3 comments:

SydneyMin said...

This sounds fabulous! I am glad you posted it. I definitely do not feel like cooking in the oven or stovetop when the humidity and the temperature both decide to zoom up on the same day :) How hot is that chipotle tabasco sauce???

emily a. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emily a. said...

I made this tonight- it was delicious!